Resources for You

Medicaid & Long-Term Care

What would you like to do?

What would you like to do?

What you need to know

What you need to know

Senior woman with her daughter. 

The State Unit on Aging's goal is to promote the dignity, independence, and freedom of choice for older Nebraskans. The State Unit on Aging oversees federal and state programs to help older Nebraskans and their caregivers. Use this page to explore the Aging Network and how it can help you.

Your local Area Agency on Aging (AAA) pro​vides and oversees services for your area. They often work with local Senior Centers. Senior Centers are local places that provide a range of services to the aging population. 

Program Information

Need help getting started?

Find the closest Area Agency on Aging (AAA): AAA Sites​ Map

Find the nearest Senior Center: Senior​ C​enter List (Excel​)​

​The status of the Senior Center's hours of operation or availability are listed below:

  • Senior Centers highlighted yellow are offering limited services. Limited services will be listed. Regular services will be shaded.
  • Senior Centers highlighted red are currently closed. A Re-Open Date may be listed, but is subject to change. Regular services will be shaded.

The Senior Center lists will be updated as needed.

If you have concerns about COVID-19, please visit:

Senior Volunteer Program

The Senior Volunteer Program helps the elderly stay in their home. Senior Volunteers are age 60 and older. Volunteers help with daily tasks like:
  • getting mail,
  • shopping,
  • rides to medical appointments,
  • one-on-one companionship

Local Senior Volunteer Programs:

  • Aging Office of Western Nebraska (800) 682-5140 serves: Banner, Cheyenne, Dawes, Deuel, Garden, and Kimball Counties.
  • Community Action Partnership of Mid Nebraska (308) 865-5675 serves: Buffalo County
  • Nemaha Neighbor-to-Neighbor (402) 247-4277 serves: Nemaha County
  • Hall County Senior Center Industries (308) 385-5308 EXT 36 serves: Hall County

Radio Public Service Announcement (30 seconds)


Helpful Guides, Brochures, & Forms

Advance Directives 11x17.pdfAdvance Directives 11x17
Advance Directives 8.5x11.pdfAdvance Directives 8.5x11
Declaracion De Voluntad Anticipada.pdfDeclaracion De Voluntad Anticipada
Benefit and Resource Guide.pdfBenefit and Resource Guide
Guía De Beneficios Y Recursos Para Personas De Mayor Edad.pdfGuía De Beneficios Y Recursos Para Personas De Mayor Edad
Care Management Brochure.pdfCare Management Brochure
Servicios de Coordinación de Cuidados.pdfServicios de Coordinación de Cuidados
Family Caregiver Support Brochure.pdfFamily Caregiver Support Brochure
Programa de Apoyo por un Cuidador Familiar.pdfPrograma de Apoyo por un Cuidador Familiar
La Toma de Decisiones Sustitutas.pdfLa Toma de Decisiones Sustitutas
Living Will Declaration.pdfLiving Will Declaration
Managing someone else’s money – Help for Agents under a Power of Attorney.pdfManaging someone else’s money – Help for Agents under a Power of Attorney
Managing someone else's money – Help for Representative Payees and VA Fiduciaries.pdfManaging someone else's money – Help for Representative Payees and VA Fiduciaries
Placemat - Family Abuse Awareness.pdfPlacemat - Family Abuse Awareness
Placemat - Scam Awareness.pdfPlacemat - Scam Awareness
Placemat - Scams by Strangers.pdfPlacemat - Scams by Strangers
Power of Attorney Form.pdfPower of Attorney Form
Power of Attorney Healthcare Form.pdfPower of Attorney Healthcare Form
Senior Center List FY 2024.xlsxSenior Center List FY 2024
Senior Center List FY 2024.pdfSenior Center List FY 2024
Senior Transportation Options.pdfSenior Transportation Options
Surrogate Decision Making in Nebraska.pdfSurrogate Decision Making in Nebraska
State Unit on Aging
Medicaid & Long-Term Care / Department of Health & Human Services
Phone Number
(402) 471-2307
Fax Number
(402) 742-8388
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-5026

Report abuse or neglect of a child or vulnerable adult

Call the Hotline at (800) 652-1999

For more information visit Adult Protective Services.