Medical Nutrition Therapist FAQs


What would you like to do?

What you need to know

Conviction Reporting

Question: Am I required to report traffic convictions?

Answer: Yes, if the conviction was a misdemeanor or felony and you were sentenced or paid a ticket through traffic court. (Infractions are not required to be reported.) Some examples are: No valid registration, no driver's license on person, and driving under suspension.

Question: When do I need to report convictions?

Answer: If you have a misdemeanor or felony conviction or credential discipline, you must report such actions to the Office of Investigations within 30 days of the conviction/action. Failure to disclose any such convictions/credential discipline could result in disciplinary action.


Question: Do I need to notify your office if I move or change addresses?

Answer: Any correspondence and renewal notices will be sent to the last known address. It is the responsibility of the licensee to keep the department informed of changes.

Question: What documents are needed to make a name change?

Answer: A photocopy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree, annulment papers, adoption papers, or a court order verifying that a name change has occurred.


Question: What can ancillary staff do?

Answer: Please see the Medical Nutrition Therapists and Ancillary Staff Brochure.


Question: Can I reinstate my license online?

Answer: No. You must submit the reinstatement application via U.S. Mail or Fax/E-Mail. Please note that your application will not be reviewed until the required fee has been paid.

Question: How many CE hours do I need?

Answer: 30

Question: How much does it cost to reinstate? 

Answer: $149

Question: If I reinstate now, do I still need to renew my license when it comes up for renewal?

Answer: Yes. Yes. Renewal is 09/01 of every odd year.

Question: What do I need to do to get my license reinstated?

Answer: Complete the reinstatement application, have completed at least 30 hours of continuing education within 24 months of submitting the reinstatement application, and pay the renewal/reinstatement fee. 


Question: When do I need to renew my license?

Answer: Before the expiration date of 09/01 of every odd year.

Question: Will I receive a notification in the mail regarding renewal?

Answer: Yes, you will receive notification at least 30 days before the renewal.  


Back to Medical Nutrition Therapist home page.