Health and Safety Resources for Workers


What would you like to do?

What you need to know

Sections on this page

    Report Workplace Safety and Health Hazards to OSHA

    Employees and their representatives can file a complaint with federal OSHA and request an inspection of their workplace. Employees should contact OSHA if they believe there is a serious hazard or if their employer is not following OSHA standards.

    Request a Free Health Hazard Evaluation of Your Workplace

    Employees and their representatives can request a free health hazard evaluation by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), which is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A health hazard evaluation can help employees and employers find out if health hazards are present at their place of work.

    Poisoning and Exposure Questions and Emergencies

    The Nebraska Regional Poison Center provides education programs,
    collects data and assists first responders during hazardous materials incidents.

    Information on Labor Standards and Worker Rights in Nebraska

    The Nebraska Department of Labor enforces labor standards and worker rights laws in Nebraska.

    Information on Workers’ Compensation

    The Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court administers and enforces the provisions of the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Act.

    Worker Health And Safety Information from NIOSH and OSHA