Commodity Supplemental Food Program

Lifespan Health
Public Health

What would you like to do?

What you need to know

State Plan

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) is a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) program which provides foods purchased and distributed by the USDA.

Proper nutrition is important in maintaining the health of senior citizens. It is for this reason that we provide commodity foods.

You could be eligible, if you are 60 years and over.

To see if you meet the federal and state guidelines for the program bring:

  • Proof of income (i.e. bank statement or social security letter)
  • Birth certificates (If birth certificate is unavailable, some document verifying age must be provided)
  • Proof of residence -- either a letter post marked within the last 30 days, or a utility bill with date and address on it.
  • Proof of lawful immigration status (i.e. permanent resident card)

Help is available in learning to use the commodity foods.

All commodity foods are specially purchased by the USDA. Except for the cheese, they need not be refrigerated until they have been opened.

To find out if you are eligible, contact the agencies listed below:

Blue Valley Community Action Partnership  -- Serving the following counties: Butler, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Polk, Saline, Seward, Thayer, and York

Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership​​ -- Serving the following counties: Blaine, Boone, Boyd, Brown, Cherry (East), Colfax, Custer, Garfield, Greeley, Hall, Hamilton, Holt, Howard, Keya Paha, Loup, Merrick, Nance, Platte, Rock, Sherman, Valley, and Wheeler

Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership -- Serving the following counties: Antelope, Burt, Cedar, Cuming, Dakota, Dixon, Knox, Madison, Pierce, Stanton, Thurston, Wayne, Dodge and Washington

Eastern Nebraska Community Action Partnership -- Serving the following counties: Cass, Douglas, and Sarpy

Food Bank of Lincoln -- Serving the following counties: Lancaster, Otoe, and Saunders

Community Action Partnership of Mid-NE-- Serving the following counties: Adams, Arthur, Buffalo, Chase, Clay, Dawson, Dundy, Franklin, Furnas, Frontier, Gosper, Grant, Harlan, Hayes, Hitchcock, Hooker, Kearney, Keith, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, Nuckolls, Perkins, Phelps, Red Willow, Thomas, and Webster

Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska -- Serving the following counties: Banner, Cheyenne, Deuel, Garden, Kimball, Morrill, and Scotts Bluff

Western Community Health Resources -- Serving the following counties: Box Butte, Cherry (West), Dawes, Sheridan, and Sioux

Southeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership -- Serving the following counties:  Richardson, Pawnee, Johnson, and Nemaha

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

DHHS Program Coordinator
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-5026