Community Pharmacy Controlled Substance Reporting and DEA Registrant Information


What would you like to do?

What you need to know

​​​​Controlled Substance Reporting

ANNUAL CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES INVENTORY: To submit your annual controlled substances inventory to us, you can either:

  1. Mail a copy to the address listed in the pharmacy contact information; OR
  2. Submit a scanned copy to 

The original annual controlled substance inventory must be maintained at the facility. A registrant whose inventory fails to comply with these requirements shall be guilty of a Class IV misdemeanor. Each registrant manufacturing, distributing, storing, or dispensing controlled substances in Schedules I, II, III, IV, or V of section 28-405 of the Statutes Relating to Pharmacy shall prepare an annual inventory of each controlled substance in his or her possession. Such inventory shall:

  • Be taken within one year after the previous annual inventory date
  • Contain such information as shall be required by the Board of Pharmacy
  • Be copied and such copy forwarded to the Department within 30 days after completion
  • Be maintained at the location listed on the registration for a period of five years
  • Contain the name, address, and Drug Enforcement Administration number of the registrant, the date and time of day the inventory was completed, and the signature of the person responsible for taking the inventory
  • List the exact count or measure of all controlled substances listed in Schedules I, II, III, IV, and V of section 28-405; and
  • Be maintained in permanent, read-only format separating the inventory for controlled substances listed in Schedules I and II of section 28-405 from the inventory for controlled substances listed in Schedules III, IV, and V of section 28-405 

DEA Registrant Information

DEA registrant information can be accessed by credentialing organizations, hospitals, and pharmacies after obtaining a user ID and password. To obtain a user ID and password, contact the Licensure Unit by e-mail at

Link to DEA registrant information: Federal Controlled Substance (DEA) Registrant

The DEA 106 theft/loss report form is available at the following DEA website:​

In addition to submitting a completed 106 form to the DEA, please provide a copy of the completed DEA 106 form to:

  • Diversion Captain, NE State Patrol Headquarters, PO Box 94907, Lincoln, NE  68509-4907
  • Division of Investigations, NE Department of Health & Human Services, PO Box 94722, Lincoln, NE 68509
  • Division of Public Health, Licensure Unit ATTN: Pharmacy, PO Box 94986, Lincoln, NE 68509-4986
  • Your pharmacy inspector (click the link for addresses & fax numbers)