Former Wards Personal Records

Children and Family Services
Former Nebraska state wards can receive personal records that are kept by the Division of Children and Family Services.

What would you like to do?

​Financial Aid Letters

Former Nebraska state wards may also request a letter listing the dates they were a state ward for college financial aid purposes. Follow the steps below to request this letter:

Step 1:

Make this request via any of the three contacts below:

  1. If you have a current DHHS caseworker, please reach out to them via email or phone to make this request.
  2. Send your request to with the subject line “Former Ward Financial Aid Verification Letter."
  3. Call (402) 471-9272 to make this request. 

Step 2:

Provide the following information when you make your request:

1. Your full name and date of birth

2. The name of the person who needs the Financial Aid Verification Letter and their mailing address, email address or fax number (this can be the financial aid office or yourself).

3. The name of the college you will be attending

Step 3:

You or the financial aid office at your college receives the Financial Aid Verification Letter