Main DHHS Switchboard: (402) 471-3121
Abuse & Neglect: (800) 652-1999
Suicide Prevention: (800) 273-TALK / (800) 273-8255
Nebraska Family Helpline: (888) 866-8660
Economic Assistance: (800) 383-4278
Medicaid Assistance: (855) 632-7633
(800) 831-0550: The Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) has established a hotline for agriculture-related donations such as hay and equipment.
211: The Heartland United Way 211 is a good source for resource information including shelter needs, cleanup, food, clothing, etc. If you encounter difficulty reaching them by dialing 211, please call (866) 813-1731.
(402) 817-1551: NEMA Joint Information Center has established a hotline currently staffed 24-hours-a-day to help people connect with needed resources. When possible, the call center is staffed with Spanish-speaking operators.
(800) 464-0258: The Nebraska Department of Agriculture has set up a hotline for farmers and producers who are feeling emotionally overwhelmed.
(833) 556-2476: Crisis Clean-Up Hotline can help Nebraskans needing help with property cleanup.
(888) 692-4943: The United States Chamber's Disaster Help Desk can provide guidance for business owners.
(402) 898-6050: Nebraskans who want to volunteer should call Salvation Army's volunteer hotline
911: If you have an emergency, dial 911.