Concerns and Complaints

Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline (1-800-652-1999)
Call when you know or suspect abuse or neglect of adults is occurring.
Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline (1-800-652-1999)
Call when you know or suspect abuse or neglect of children is occurring.
Child Care Provider Complaints
DHHS investigates allegations of violations at child care homes/centers and preschool facilities.
Client Fraud
DHHS investigates allegations of potential fraud in Medicaid, energy assistance, Assistance to the Aged, Blind and Disabled, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, Social Service Block Grants and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
Developmental Disabilites
For complaints or concerns regarding the Division of Developmental Disabilities.
Complaint Form / Email
Health Care Facilities
If you are unable to bring your concerns to a health care facility administrator or supervisor’s attention, or if they do not respond, then contact the DHHS Licensure Unit.
If you receive benefits or services from DHHS and want to contact DHHS about HIPAA matters relating to DHHS employees or contractors, to report a violation, or file a complaint.
Licensed, Registered or Certified Health Care Professionals/Occupations
DHHS is responsible for investigating complaints against professionals in health care professions and occupations.
Long-Term Care Ombudsman
An advocate for the rights and well-being of nursing home and assisted-living facility residents.
Toll Free Phone: (800) 942-7830 / Local Phone: (402) 471-2307 / Email
Medicaid Provider Fraud
Report suspected Medicaid Provider Fraud or possible abuse, neglect or financial exploitation of patients in Medicaid facilities.