What is Every Woman Matters?
Every Woman Matters is a program that can help women get health check-ups. EWM may pay for exams based on health history and program guidelines.
Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening:
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test
- Clinical breast exam
- Teaching of breast self exam
Heart Disease and Diabetes Screening:
- Blood pressure check
- Cholesterol check
- Blood sugar (glucose) check
- Health and wellness information for living a healthier life
How do clients qualify?
- Women must be 40 and 74 years of age
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of Nebraska
- They must meet programIncome Eligibility Guidelines (2015-16)
- Must not have health insurance that would pay for preventive services
What are the benefits of becoming an Every Woman Matters provider?
- Free or low-cost educational opportunities
- Professional and continuing education information
- Marketing of your facility to a health network of over 50,000 women
- Being part of a health network of over 750 providers and many community partners
- Reminders to your clients about checkups
- Opportunity to build your community by being a resource to low-to-moderate income women by providing necessary women’s health screening services
- Case management services for clients with abnormal test results
How does my facility become an Every Woman Matters provider?
All providers in the state have an opportunity to participate in the Every Woman Matters program. If you are interested, please call us at 800-532-2227 and ask for Provider Contracts. Or, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All providers who participate agree to:
- Accept the Women's and Men's Health Fee Schedule (2015-16).
- Supply needed data about those screened, diagnosed, or treated.
- Sign a five-page contract.
- Adhere to screening guidelines and other policies set forth in the
- Every Woman Matters ProgramProvider Contract Manual.
How do you enroll?
You can enroll in Every Woman Matters by contacting the places listed below to receive an enrollment form:
- Call Every Woman Matters at 1-800-532-2227
- Email us at: email@example.com for an enrollment form
- Contact adoctor's office or clinic. Many doctors and clinics are a part of Every Woman Matters. Ask your doctor or clinic to be sure.
- Call the National Cancer Institute at 1-800-4-CANCER.