History: The Women's Health Advisory Council (WHAC) was created to advise and serve as a resource for the Women's Health Initiatives in carrying out its duties as enacted by the Nebraska Legislature in 2000.
Mission: The Mission of the Women’s Health Advisory Council is to help women of all ages in Nebraska lead healthier lives, supported by a comprehensive system of coordinated services, policy development, advocacy and education.
Nutrition and Healthy Weight
Advanced Care Planning
Duties: The duties of the Women's Health Advisory Council are:
- Advise the Office of Women’s Health in carrying out its duties as mandated in Nebraska Revised Statues §71-701 through 71-707.
- Explore other sources of funding which may be used to support the Office of Women’s Health and its initiatives to improve the health of the women in Nebraska. These may include but are not limited to seeking private funds from individuals, businesses, and charitable organizations as well as through grants from governmental and/or private sources.
- Bring new information to the attention of the Council and the Administrator of the Office of Women’s Health.
- Provide guidance and recommend action to the Administrator of the Office of Women’s Health and the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services on issues pertaining to Women’s Health.
- Interpret and apply scientific and/or technical information to issues pertaining to Women’s Health.
- Disseminate information in accordance with the current communication plan.
2016 Women's Health Initiatives Annual Report
Executive Appointments Application
Nebraska Revised Statues §71-701 through §71-707.
2016 Council Members
Chair: Heidi Woodard, Omaha
Vice Chair: Open
Shirley Blanchard, Omaha
Nicole Cusick, Omaha
Heidi Edsill, Omaha
Elizabeth Hardy, Hastings
Amy Lacroix, Omaha
Mary Larsen, Omaha
Brenda McIntosh, Nebraska City
Marcia Merboth, Lincoln
Babz Moffatt, Hastings
Sara Morgan, Lincoln
Ellen Muehling, Lincoln
Audrey Paulman, Omaha
Jina Ragland, Lincoln
Judy Reimer, Hastings
Josie Rodriguez, Lincoln
Kathleen Steinauer-Smith, Lincoln
Tom Williams, Lincoln
Terra Uhing, Fremont
Please contact a Women's Health Initiatives staff member if you have questions about the Council.