NHSC Nebraska Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) provides a cost-sharing grant to Nebraska to operate this loan repayment program.
Loan repayment assistance for qualified education debt: $25,000-$50,000 per year (includes local match). These funds are tax exempt.
Who is eligible? See a list of eligible disciplines and shortage areas.
- Physicians (MDs or DOs specializing in pediatrics, geriatrics, psychiatry, family or internal medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology)
- Nurse Practitioners (specializing in adult, family, pediatrics, psychiatry/mental health, geriatrics, women’s health and certified nurse-midwives)
- Physician Assistants (specializing in adult, family, pediatrics, psychiatry/mental health, geriatrics, or women’s health)
- Dental Professionals (general, pediatric, registered dental hygienists)
- Mental Health Professionals (health service psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, psychiatric nurse specialists, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, masters level alcohol & substance abuse counselors
Where are the practics sites? See a list of eligible disciplines and shortage areas.
- Minimum 2- year service commitment
- Additional 1 year of service for each year of additional support
- Must work a minimum of 20 hours per week for part-time service
Loan Match Requirements:
- Loan repayment assistance for qualified educational debt for up to $25,000 -$50,000 per year which includes local matching funds.
- Unpaid government or commercial loans for school tuition, reasonable education expenses and reasonable living expenses, segregated from all other debts (cannot be consolidated with other non-educational loans).
- U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized), U.S./national, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Licensed to practice in Nebraska
- Currently work or applying to work at an eligible site that is located in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).