Subscribe to this page
On This Page
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities. TDD (800) 833-7353. The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services will provide language assistance at no cost to limited English speaking persons who seek our services. Please call (800) 532-2227 for more information.
EWM Email: email@example.com
| Did you know that Every Woman Matters not only pays for breast and cervical cancer screenings, BUT they pay for heart and diabetes screening as well?|
Listen to this 60 second radio spot t
o learn about a particular clients’ experience with the Every Woman Matters Program and receiving her heart healthy exams.
What is Every Woman Matters?
Every Woman Matters is a program that can help you pay for your health check-up. The program is for women between the ages of 40 and 74 who meet income eligibility guidelines.
NEW Income Eligibility Scale (2014-2015)
What does Every Woman Matters pay for?
Women 40 through 74 years of age according to program guidelines:
- Clinical Breast Exam (CBE), according to guidelines
- Screening Mammogram, according to guidelines
- Pap test, according to guidelines
- Pelvic Exam, according to guidelines
- Blood Pressure Check, according to guidelines
- Height/Weight Check, according to guidelines
- Lipids/Triglycerides Check, according to guidelines
- Glucose or A1c if previously diagnosed with diabetes, according to guidelines
These services are not available for women under 40 or over 74, however, if you are under 40 and need a diagnostic test or follow-up test, including, cervical and breast biopsy, or other tests to diagnose breast and cervical cancer, please contact us at 1-800-532-2227 to see if we can help.
^ Top of Page
How do you enroll?
You can enroll in Every Woman Matters by contacting the places listed below to receive an enrollment form:
^ Top of Page
If you are not a Nebraska resident, click here to link to the CDC webpage to check out your state's program (look for the blue box and click on Locate Your Program Contact).
After you fill out the enrollment form, what should you do?
- Send it to Every Woman Matters at P.O. Box 94817, Lincoln, NE 68509-4817. If you enroll at a doctor's office or clinic, they will take care of the paperwork.
- In a week to ten (10) days you will receive screening materials for the services that you are eligible for.
- Choose a doctor or clinic from this list and make an appointment. When you make the appointment, tell your doctor or clinic that you are part of Every Woman Matters.
- Take the screening materials with you to your exam.
- Every Woman Matters will notify you when it is time for your next check up.
^ Top of Page
|Nebraska Colon Cancer Screening Program |
The Nebraska Colon Cancer Screening Program (NCP) is a program available to Nebraska men and women who are between the ages of 50 and 74 and who meet income guidelines. The goal of NCP is to increase screening for colon cancer and to decrease the number of Nebraskan's who are diagnosed and die from colon cancer. In order to carry out the program there are strict eligibility guidelines based on personal and family history. Not everyone who completes an enrollment form will be eligible. Click here for more information.
For more information, contact:
Women's and Men's Health
Every Woman Matters
301 Centennial Mall South , 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 94817
Lincoln, NE 68509-4817
In Lincoln: (402) 471-0929
Outside Lincoln: (800) 532-2227
Fax: (402) 471-0913 or (402) 742-2379
TDD: (800) 833-7352
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.
Women's and Men's Health Programs
Health & Wellness Page