WIC understands that the first years of life are the formative years for shaping healthy eating attitudes and habits.
- Babies are born with their own internal cues for how much to eat.
- Children should be exposed to a variety of foods in a positive, non threatening manner.
- And meal time is much more than just eating-it's education, socialization, it's development of fine motor skills and learning to feed themselves.
Your WIC clinic can help you deal with:
- Picky eaters
- Weight concerns
- Understanding the benefits of family style meal service
- The importance of daily physical activity for overall health
And WIC clinics will connect you with other programs and services your family might need.