Vital Records Partner Information
Regarding Death Registrations
Subscribe to this page
Deaths were required to be filed with the State of Nebraska beginning in 1904. This page has been established to provide Physicians, Funeral Directors, County Attorneys and County Coroners responsible for registering death certificates access to the resources and information necessary to continue registering vital records in an accurate and timely manner. Please SUBSCRIBE to this page to receive email updates when new information is added.
Important information regarding hospital and facility name changes
It is essential that your computer is set to receive automated messages from dhhs.DeathDesk@nebraska.gov. We are getting many bounced emails from the system stating your email address is invalid. Your computer may be recognizing this email address as SPAM or JUNK email. If you have any questions regarding this, please talk to your IT department.
If forms or paper is needed to print forms for marriage, Report of Adoptions, or death certificates, please email Jackie.email@example.com or call 402.471.0919. Please specify the type of form or paper you are needing. For example, marriage form or marriage blue lined paper, death certificate form or death certificate blue lined paper, etc.
Video Presentations for Completing the Cause of Death
How to know if a certifier is using EDRS
Nebraska Deaths by Record Type for 2014
Funeral Homes: Just a reminder that the office copies of death certificates are NOT to be shared with anyone outside of your office. They are for funeral home use only. Thank you!
Certifier Office Tips for submitting Attestations
(1) Please send INDIVIDUAL faxes. If you have more than one form to submit, please transmit them one at a time.
(2) Be certain to fax forms to the toll free number provided: 1.855.840.9030.
(3) Do NOT send a cover sheet or any other additional documents.
(4) When signing forms, BLACK INK is preferred.
EDRS Phase II Instructions
Fax Attestation Quick Start Guide
Funeral Home Instructions for EDRS Phase II
Funeral Home Phase II New Edits
- Did you know you can print a Transit Permit by selecting “Removal From State” on the method of disposition field under the Disposition tab. Once those fields are marked and the record is saved the Transit Permit will be available under the Request Tab.
Contact Vital Records Help Desk
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader