The stem cell subawards are funded with state tobacco settlement dollars.
Nebraska Stem Cell Research Advisory Committee
Members of the Nebraska Stem Cell Research Advisory Committee include the dean of each medical school in Nebraska accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (Creighton University School of Medicine and the University of Nebraska Medical Center), or their designee. In addition, four scientists from outside Nebraska, with experience in non-embryonic stem cell research funded by the National Institutes of Health, also serve on the Committee, once they are appointed by the Nebraska Legislature. Current members of the Committee include:
· Joyce Bischoff, Ph.D., Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
· Bradley Britigan, M.D., Dean, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Medicine
· Robert Dunlay, M.D., Dean, Creighton University School of Medicine
· Rebecca Morris, Ph.D., The Hormel Institute at the University of Minnesota
· Dennis Roop, Ph.D., University of Colorado-Denver