| Subscribe to this page |
The Office of Community and Rural Health strengthens the public health system in Nebraska by working with local public health departments and other community-based organizations. It also coordinates public health policies and activities at the state level.
Major activities of the office are:
- Providing technical assistance to all local public health departments;
- Monitoring the funds distributed to the local health departments under the Health Care Funding Act;
- Developing a framework for the 2020 Nebraska Healthy People Objectives;
- Coordinating performance and quality improvement activities for the Division of Public Health through a CDC-funded public health infrastructure grant;
- Working with the College of Public Health at the University of Nebraska Medical Center to manage the Nebraska Public Health Practice-Based Research Network; and
- Managing several rural health programs including the Rural Hospital Flexibility grant for critical access hospitals, the Small Rural Hospital Improvement Grant Program, federal and state student loan and loan repayment programs, and shortage area designations. Information on the loan repayment programs and shortage area designations may be found at:
Nebraska Strategic Plan
In 2013, the Office of Community and Rural Health worked with Division leadership and staff to develop a strategic plan for the Division of Public Health. Below you will find the link to the final plan. Please e-mail any comments or questions you have regarding the plan or implementation activities to Colleen Svoboda (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2013 Strategic Plan.pdf
Nebraska State Health Improvement Plan
In 2013, the Office of Community and Rural Health worked with the State Health Improvement Plan Advisory Coalition to develop a state health improvement plan for public health partners and stakeholders to improve the health of Nebraskans. Below you will find the link to the final plan. Please e-mail any comments or questions you have regarding the plan or implementation activities to Colleen Svoboda (email@example.com).
2013 SHIP Plan Final.pdf
Nebraska Statewide Health Needs Assessment
In 2012, the Office of Community and Rural Health coordinated a state health assessment using the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships process. Four assessments were completed including 1) the state public health system assessment, 2) the forces of change assessment, 3) the health status assessment, and 4) the community themes and strengths assessment. Below you will find the final report. Please e-mail any comments or questions about the report to Colleen Svoboda (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2013 Needs Assessment Final.pdf
Office of Community & Rural Health
301 Centennial Mall South
P. O. Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5026
(402) 471-8259 (fax)