Office of Community Health and
| Subscribe to this page |
The Office of Community Health and Performance Management (formerly the Office of Public Health) strengthens the public health system in Nebraska by working with local public health departments and other community-based organizations. It also coordinates public health policies and activities at the state level.
Major activities of the office are:
- Providing technical assistance to all local public health departments;
- Monitoring the funds distributed to the local health departments under the Health Care Funding Act;
- Managing the Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant [SPF SIG] which funds 16 community substance abuse prevention coalitions;
- Managing the CDC Healthy Communities Grant and the healthy communities grants to local health departments which involve implementing activities to reduce the risks of chronic diseases;
- Developing a framework for the 2020 Nebraska Healthy People Objectives;
- Working with the College of Public Health at the University of Nebraska Medical Center to manage the Nebraska Public Health Practice-Based Research Network;
- Coordinating performance and quality improvement activities through a CDC-funded public health infrastructure grant; and
- Working with the Office of Rural Health to implement the Rural Hospital Flexibility grant for critical access hospitals and the Small Rural Hospital Improvement Grant Program.
Nebraska's Strategic Public Health Plan
A Strategic Plan to Strengthen and Transform Public Health in Nebraska: A Revision is a blueprint for improving the public health system in Nebraska. The purpose of this strategic plan is to identify a new vision for public health in Nebraska and the resources that are necessary to achieve the vision. Seven major strategic directions are identified, and were developed by the Turning Point Public Health Stakeholders Group. These strategies are similar to and consistent with the priorities of the Division of Public Health. This Plan is intended as a guide for public health leaders, as well as state and local policymakers as they continue to strengthen and shape the public health system. This Plan is an update from the first State Public Health Improvement Plan completed in November 1999, which was the impetus for tremendous changes in the delivery of public health in Nebraska.
View the Report
Office of Community Health and Performance Management
301 Centennial Mall South
P. O. Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5026
(402) 471-8259 (fax)
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.