Suggestions for Family and Friends
- Find out as much information as you can about pregnancy-related depression.
- Be patient and understanding.
- Ask the couple how you can help.
- Offer to baby-sit.
- Offer to help around the house.
- Let the mother know you are there for her, even if she doesn't feel like talking.
- Appreciate that the father may also be emotionally affected by the demands and challenges of new parenthood.
Information for Families | Helping Mothers | Depression in Fathers
Helping Children Understand | Suggestions for Family and Friends