Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Helpline
Listen to a PSA about the Helpline
Got a question? Give us a call. The helpline provides information and referrals for health and social services across the state of Nebraska. Call our toll-free helpline with your questions about:
Skilled nurses staff the Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Helpline 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Language services are available. Call 1-800-862-1889 today. All calls are confidential. We’re waiting to help. Take the first step for you and your baby…
While no one can promise a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby, you can improve your chances of having a healthy baby by:
- Taking folic acid pills before, during and between pregnancies.
- Starting prenatal care early, as soon as you think you’re pregnant.
- Getting regular prenatal care.
- Avoiding alcohol, tobacco, and drugs while pregnant.
- Breastfeeding your baby.
- Placing your baby on his/her back to sleep on a hard firm mattress in a crib.
For more information, please contact:
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
P.O. Box 95026
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-5026
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.
Maternal Child Adolescent Health
Lifespan Health Page