bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Occupational Therapy Page
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Applications
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Board Information
     Advisory Opinions
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Brochures
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Certification/Verification
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Complaints
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Contact Information
     Contact Us
     Other Contacts
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Continuing Education
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Duplicates/Reissue
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Examination Requirements
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Fees
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) License Renewal Information
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) License Requirements
     OT/OT Assistant
     OT/OTA Temporary Permit
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) License Lookup
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Listings
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Name and Address Changes
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Physical Agent Modality Cert
    Types of PAMs
    How to Become Certified
    How to Approve a PAMs Course
    Brd-Apprvd Training
    Contacts for Training
    Fees for PAMs   
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Reinstatement
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Regulations

Requirements to Apply for an Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapist Assistant License

You must submit the following:

  1. A completed application
  2. Licensure fee

Also include the following:

    1.  Age: Evidence of at least 19 years of age (i.e. driver's license, birth  
         certificate, marriage license, school transcript, US State ID Card,
         military i.d. or similar documentation

    2.  Other Credentialing Information: If you hold or have held a 
         credential to provide health services, health-related services, or
         environmental services in Nebraska or in another jurisdiction, you
         must have the licensing agency submit to the Department a
         certification of your credential.

    3.  Disciplinary Actions: If you have had any disciplinary actions taken
         against your credential, you must submit a copy of the disciplinary
         action(s), including charges and disposition.

    4.  Conviction Information: If you have been convicted of a felony or
         misdemeanor, you must submit:

         A.  A list of any misdemeanor or felony convictions
         B.  A copy of the court record which includes charges and disposition
         C.  Explanation from the applicant of the events leading to the 
              conviction (what, when, where, why) and a summary of actions
              you have taken to address the behaviors/actions related to the
         D.  All addiction/mental health evaluations and proof of treatment, if
              the conviction involved a drug and/or alcohol-related offense and
              if treatment was obtained and/or required; and
         E.  A letter from the probation officer addressing probationary
              conditions and current status, if your are currently on probation
         F.  Any other information requested by the Board/Department

    5.  Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residence, and/or
         Immigration Status Information: You must submit a copy of at
         least one of the following documents: 
         A.  U.S. passport, expired or unexpired
         B.  Birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or
              outlying possession of the United States, bearing an official seal
         C.  American Indian Card (I-872)
         D.  Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570)
         E.  Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
         F.  Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350)
         G.  Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of
              America (FS-240)
         H.  Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545 or DS-1350)
         I.   United States Citizen Identification Card (I-197 or I-179)
         J.   Northern Mariana  Card (I-873)
         K.  Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551, otherwise known as a
              "Green Card"
         L.  Unexpired foreign passport with an unexpired TemporaryI-551
              stamp bearing the same name as the passport
         M.  Document showing an Alien Registration Number ("A#")
         N.  Form I-94 (Arrival Departure Record)

    6.  An Official Transcript ("Official" means issued and sealed by the 
         issuing institution) showing completion of an approved program for
         Occupational Therapists and approved supervised field work
         experience from an accredited educational institution. Accreditation
         of educational programs is granted by the Accreditation Council for
         Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American
         Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)

    7.  Official documentation of passing the National Board of Certification
         in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) examination, sent directly from

    8.  Documentation of 50 hours of continuing competency if he/she has
         passed the licensure examination but is not practicing, or is licensed
         in another jurisdiction but is not practicing. Thirty hours must be
         related to the clinical practice of OT and twenty hours related to the
         practice of OT. Acceptable documentation includes:

         A.  Copies of certificates of attendance or participation
         B.  Course outlines and/or objectives
         C.  Letters documenting attendance from providers; or
         D.  Copies of transcripts from educational institutions       

crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home

Licensure Unit Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.