Rehabilitation and Community Services
Occupational therapy is skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence in all facets of their lives. Occupational Therapy gives people the "Skills for the Job of Living" they need to live satisfying lives. Services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living
- Comprehensive evaluation of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation
- Assessments and treatment for performance skills
- Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function
- Guidance to family members and attendants in safe and effective methods of caring for individuals.
Occupational therapy practitioners are skilled professionals whose education includes the study of human growth and development with specific emphasis on the social, emotional, and physiological effects of illness and injury.