Bullet Occupational Therapy Page
Bullet  Applications
Bullet  Board Information
     Advisory Opinions
Bullet  Certification/Verification
Bullet  Complaints
Bullet  Contact Information
     Contact Us
     Other Contacts
Bullet  Continuing Education
Bullet  Duplicates/Reissue
Bullet  Examination Requirements
Bullet  Fees
Bullet  License Renewal Information
Bullet  License Requirements
     OT/OT Assistant
     OT/OTA Temporary License
Bullet  License Lookup
Bullet  Listings
Bullet  Name and Address Changes
Bullet  Physical Agent Modality Cert
    Types of PAMs
    How to Become Certified
    How to Approve a PAMs Course
    Brd-Apprvd Training
    Contacts for Training
    Fees for PAMs   
Bullet  Reinstatement
Bullet  Regulations

Occupational Therapy

Claire Covert-Bybee 
Program Manager

Rehabilitation and Community Services

Occupational therapy is skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence in all facets of their lives. Occupational Therapy gives people the "Skills for the Job of Living" they need to live satisfying lives. Services typically include:

  • Customized treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living
  • Comprehensive evaluation of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation
  • Assessments and treatment for performance skills
  • Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function
  • Guidance to family members and attendants in safe and effective methods of caring for individuals.

Occupational therapy practitioners are skilled professionals whose education includes the study of human growth and development with specific emphasis on the social, emotional, and physiological effects of illness and injury.


The Nebraska regulations require Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants to obtain certification to administer physical agent modalities (PAMs).  If you want to administer Superficial Thermal, Deep Thermal, or Electrotherapeutic Agent Modalities you must  obtain a certification.


crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home

Licensing & Regulatory Affairs Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader

which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.