bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Applications
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Board Information
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Brochures
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Certification/Verification
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Complaints
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes)  Contact Us         
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Continuing Education
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Duplicates/Reissue
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Examination Requirements
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Fees
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) License Lookup
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Licensee Assistance Program
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Listings and Labels
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Name and Address Change
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Reinstatement
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Renewal Information
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Requirements for Licensure
bullturk.gif (1392 bytes) Regulations

Athletic Training
Requirements for Licensure

1. Submit a Complete Application;
2. Submit the licensure fee;
3. Submit proof of being at least 19 years of age such as a copy of:
          a.  A driver’s license;
          b.  A birth certificate;
          c.  A marriage license that provides date of birth;
          d.  A transcript that provides date of birth;
          e.  A U.S. State identification card;
          f.  Military identification; or
          g.  Other similar documentation.
4. Submit proof of citizenship, lawful presence and/or immigration status
          such as a copy of:
          a.  A U.S. Passport ( unexpired or expired);
          b.  A birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority
               or outlying possession of the United State bearing an official seal;
          c.  An American Indian Card (I-872);
          d.  A Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570);
          e.  A Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561);
          f.   Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350);
          g.  A Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United
               States of America (FS-240);
          h.  Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545 or DS-1350);
          i.  A United States Citizen Identification Card (I-197 or I-179);
          j.  A Northern Mariana Card (I-873);
          k.  A Green Card, otherwise known as a Permanent Resident Card
              (Form I-551), both the front and back of the card:
          l.  An unexpired foreign passport with an unexpired Temporary I-551
              stamp bearing the same name as the passport;
          m. A document showing an Alien Registration Number (“A-1”).  An
               Employment Authorization Card/Document is not acceptable; or
          n.  A Form I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record).
5. Request an official transcript of completion of an athletic training
    curriculum or transcript of a bachelor’s degree be sent to our office.
    If your degree is in a field other than athletic training, you must
    have completed two consecutive years of student athletic training.
    Your trainer(s) must complete Attachment A (page 6 of the
6. Request verification of your certification be sent to us directly from the
    Board of Certification (BOC).  If it has been more than three years
    since you passed the BOC Examination and you are currently not
    practicing, you must have a current BOC certification or submit proof
    of 24 hours of continuing education obtained within the past 3 years
    and a copy of the front and back of your current signed CPR card;
7. If applicable, a list of any misdemeanor or felony convictions along with:
          a. A copy of the entire court file(s), including charges and
              disposition.  If a file is no longer available, provide a signed
              statement from the court to that effect.  A printout from JUSTICE
              does not fulfill our requirements;
          b. A letter of explanation regarding the conviction(s) and steps
              taken to address the behaviors/actions related to the
          c. All addiction/mental health evaluations and proof of treatment, if
              the conviction involved a drug and/or alcohol related offense if
              treatment was obtained;
          d. A letter from the probation offer addressing probationary
              conditions and current status, if your are currently on probation;
          e. Any other information as requested by the Board/Department.
8. If applicable, submit Attachment B (page 7 of the application) to each
    agency outside of Nebraska that has issued you a license or certification
    to provide health services, health-related services, or environmental
    services for them to complete and return to our office. This applies to
    any licenses/certifications held currently or in the past.

crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home

Licensure Unit Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.