Certification of Supervisor
To apply for licensure as an Asbestos Supervisor, you must submit the following to the Department of Health & Human Services. Licensing Unit:
- A completed Initial application.
- The certification fee of $202.00.
- Documentation of successful completion, within the preceding year, of an Asbestos Supervisor course approved by the Department of Health and Human Services, Asbestos Program with proof of scoring at least 70% on the final written examination. Applicants who have taken the initial course more than a year prior to applying for licensure shall submit the minimum of a 5 day Supervisor initial course license and all subsequent 8 hour Supervisor refresher course licensure. Contact DHHS.HealthHazardsInDoorAir@nebraska.gov by e-mail or by phone at (402) 471-0386..
- Documentation of successful completion, within the preceding year, of the 4 hour Nebraska Law, Rules and Regulations course approved by the Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Licensure Unit, Asbestos Program with proof of scoring at least 70% on the final written examination.
- Form 4, the last page of the application (or a similar medical examination form which contains the information required by Form 4), showing the results of the medical examination declaring that you are physically capable of working while wearing a respirator. We will only accept this form or its equivalent with an original signature from the physician. A medical examination is not required if you are applying for a limited certificate.
Contact Patti Owens at (402) 471-2299 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about certification requirements.
Professions and Occupations Home
Licensing & Regulatory Affairs Home
PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader