Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
Application for Reinstatement
Any nurse who has been previously licensed in Nebraska, and who is currently on lapsed or inactive status, or whose license has been suspended or who has had limitations placed thereon is eligible to apply for reinstatement of his/her license at any time. Any nurse whose license was revoked for disciplinary reasons is eligible to apply for reinstatement two years from the date of revocation.
To qualify for license by reinstatement, you must meet one of the continued competence requirements.
- Have practiced nursing for at least 500 hours during the past 5 years AND have completed at least 20 contact hours of acceptable continuing education/inservice education within the past 2 years. Of the 20 hours attested to, no more than 4 hours may be CPR or BLS classes, and at least 10 hours must be peer reviewed; OR
- Have graduated from a nursing program within the last 2 years; OR
- Have graduated from a nursing program in more than 2, but less than 5 years AND have completed at least 20 contact hours of acceptable continuing education/inservice within the past 2 years. Of the 20 hours, no more than 4 hours may be CPR or BLS classes, and at least 10 hours must be peer reviewed; OR
- Have completed an approved refresher course within the last 5 years.
- Obtained/maintained current certification in a nursing specialty granted by a nationally recognized certifying organization; OR
- Developed and maintained a protfolio that includes the licensee's current continued competency goals and evidence/verification of professional activities to meet those goals.
To apply for license by reinstatement you must submit:
For reinstatement following discipline: Please contact Jennifer Van Eperen at (402)471-2666 or email email@example.com
Professions and Occupations Home
Licensure Unit Home
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.