ball green Nurse Practitioner Home Page
ball green Applications
ball green Board Information
ball green Brochures
ball green Certification/Verification
ball green Complaints
ball green Contact Us
ball green Continuing Education
ball green Controlled Substance Registration
ball green Duplicate/Reissue
ball green Examination
ball green Fees
ball green License Lookup
ball green Name/Address Change
ball green Nursing News
ball green Listings
ball green Practice Defined
     Scope of Practice
ball green Renewal Information
ball green Regulations
ball green Student Loan Act
ball green Unprofessional Conduct

Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Nurse Practitioner
Controlled Substance Registration

APRNs may prescribe controlled substances Schedules II through V. APRNs may receive samples.

All APRNs who intend to prescribe controlled substances must obtain a federal controlled substance registration. APRNs may not prescribe under a collaborating physician registration. Nebraska does not issue a state controlled substance registration. You may obtain an application by contacting:

U.S. Department of Justice
St Louis Field Division
317 So. 16th
St Louis MO 63103

If you have a question regarding Nebraska regulation, please contact Vonda Apking by e-mail, or at (402) 471-2118.

crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home

Licensing & Regulatory Affairs Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.