Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Nurse Practitioner
Requirements for Practice
Requirements prior to commencing practice in Nebraska are:
- Licensure as APRN;
- An Integrated Practice Agreement(s);
- Proof of Liability Insurance ; and
- Jointly Approved Protocols WHEN:
- You have not completed 2000 hours of advanced nursing practice under the supervision of a physician.
- You cannot demonstrate separate course work from an approved program in pharmacotherapeutics, advanced health assessment, and pathophysiology or psychopathology to include 45 advanced academic contact hours each; or
- You do not have a master’s or doctorate degree.
If you meet the requirements for practice without protocols, you must submit an Attestation of Supervised Practice for Practice Without Protocols.
Prior to commencing practice in Nebraska, you must submit an Integrated Practice Agreement or request a waiver, an Attestation of Liability Insurance, and an Attestation of Supervised Practice for Practice Without Protocols, or an Attestation of Jointly Approved Protocols.
If you request a waiver of Integrated Practice Agreement, you must meet the requirements for practice without protocols, must have made a diligent effort to obtain an integrated practice agreement, and be willing to practice in a geographic area where there is a shortage of health care services. Please contact Karen Bowen, Nurse Practice Consultant at (402) 471-4376, to request additional information on obtaining a waiver of an integrated practice agreement.