ball green Nurse Practitioner Home Page
ball green Applications
ball green Board Information
ball green Brochures
ball green Certification/Verification
ball green Complaints
ball green Contact Us
ball green Continuing Education
ball green Controlled Substance Registration
ball green Duplicate/Reissue
ball green Examination
ball green Fees
ball green License Lookup
ball green License Requirements
Application Process
ball green Licensee Assistance Program
ball green Name/Address Change
ball green Nursing News
ball green Listings
ball green Practice Defined
     Scope of Practice
ball green Practice Requirements
ball green Renewal Information
ball green Regulations
ball green Student Loan Act
ball green Unprofessional Conduct

Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Nurse Practitioner
Requirements for Practice

Requirements prior to commencing practice in Nebraska are:

  1. Licensure as APRN;
  2. PDF File An Integrated Practice Agreement(s);
  3. PDF File Proof of Liability Insurance ; and
  4. PDF File Jointly Approved Protocols WHEN:
    1. You have not completed 2000 hours of advanced nursing practice under the supervision of a physician.
    2. You cannot demonstrate separate course work from an approved program in pharmacotherapeutics, advanced health assessment, and pathophysiology or psychopathology to include 45 advanced academic contact hours each; or
    3. You do not have a master’s or doctorate degree.

If you meet the requirements for practice without protocols, you must submit an PDF File Attestation of Supervised Practice for Practice Without Protocols.

Prior to commencing practice in Nebraska, you must submit an PDF FileIntegrated Practice Agreement or request a waiver, an PDF File Attestation of Liability Insurance, and an PDF File Attestation of Supervised Practice for Practice Without Protocols, or an PDF File Attestation of Jointly Approved Protocols.

If you request a waiver of  PDF File Integrated Practice Agreement, you must meet the requirements for practice without protocols, must have made a diligent effort to obtain an integrated practice agreement, and be willing to practice in a geographic area where there is a shortage of health care services. Please contact Karen Bowen, Nurse Practice Consultant at (402) 471-4376, to request additional information on obtaining a waiver of an integrated practice agreement.

crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home

Licensure Unit Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.