Medical Nutrition Therapy
Expiration Date: All medical nutrition therapy licenses expire 9/1, of each odd-numbered year.
Renewal Process: Notice of renewal is sent to each licensee approximately 90 days prior to the expiration date. It is important that your address is current with our office in order to assure delivery of the renewal notice. To renew a license, you must:
- Document 30 hours of approved continuing education (on the renewal form), earned within the renewal period (to obtain a listing of approved continuing education contact the Licensure Unit at (402) 471-2117; and
- Pay the renewal fee of $114.00.
- Inform the Department of any misdemeanor/felony convictions or disciplinary actions pending or taken in another state. For information relating to the documentation that must be submitted, click here
Revocation: Renewals not postmarked or received by 10/1 will be sent a notice of revocation.
Inactive or Lapsed Status: A licensee may request that his/her license be placed on inactive or lapsed status (this request can only occur at the time of renewal). If you choose either inactive or lapsed status, you can not provide medical nutrition therapy services.
- Inactive status means the voluntary termination of the right or privilege to represent oneself as a medical nutrition therapist, but retains the right to represent himself or herself as holding an inactive license.
- Lapsed status means the voluntary termination of the right or privilege to represent oneself as a medical nutrition therapist. No fee is required.
Additional Information: Click here to find additional information relating to the renewal, revocation, and reinstatement process.
Professions and Occupations Home
Licensure Unit Home
PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader