Mental Health Centers
Expiration Date: All mental health Centers expire on February 28th of each year.
Renewal Process: Notice of renewal is sent to the licensee’s preferred mailing address no later than 30 days prior to the expiration date. To renew a license you must submit to the Department:
- A renewal application.
- A list of names and addresses of all persons in control of the facility. The list must include all individual owners, partners, limited liability company members, and members of boards of directors owning or managing operations, and any other persons with financial interests or investments in the facility. In the case of publicly held corporations, only those stockholders who own 5% or more of the company’s stock must be listed;
- A copy of the registration as a foreign corporation filed with the Nebraska Secretary of State, if applicant is a foreign corporation;
- Occupancy certificates issued by the State Fire Marshal or delegated authority dated within the 12 months prior to the license expiration date; and
- The required licensure fee (see table below).
|Type of Facility
||1 to 16
|17 to 50
|51 or more
Final Notice: Renewals not postmarked or received complete by the expiration date (February 28th of each year) will be sent a final notice and specifies that:
- The licensee failed to pay its renewal fees or submit an application or both;
- The license has expired;
- The Department will suspend action for 30 days following the date of expiration;
- Upon receipt of the renewal fee and completed renewal application, the Department shall issue the renewal license; and
- Upon failure to receive the renewal fee and completed renewal application, the license will be lapsed.
Lapsed Status: Renewals not postmarked or received complete by February 28th will be placed on Lapsed status. During lapsed status, the facility may not operate until the license is reinstated. Reinstatement requirements can be found in 175 Nebraska Administrative Code (NAC) 19, Section 003.03.
Refusal to Renew: The Department can refuse to renew a license. See 175 NAC 19 Sections 008.01 and 008.02 for grounds and procedures for refusal to renew a license.
Professions and Occupations Home
Licensure Unit Home
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.