Mental Health Centers
To view complete information relating to inspections, click here. To view a sample copy of the inspection report, click here.
The department must conduct an initial on-site inspection to determine compliance with 175 Nebraska Administrative Code (NAC) 19 Sections 006 and 007. This inspection must be conducted within 30 working days, or later when requested by the applicant, of receipt of a completed application for an initial license. The Department must provide a copy of the inspection report to the facility within 10 working days after completion of an inspection.
Each year the Department may conduct an inspection of up to 25% of the Mental Health Centers based on a random selection of licensed Mental Health Centers.
The department may conduct an inspection of a mental health center when the Department is informed of one or more of the following:
- An occurrence resulting in client death or serious physical harm to clients;
- An occurrence resulting in imminent danger to or the possibility of death or serious physical harm to clients;
- An accident or natural disaster resulting in damage to the physical plant and having a direct or immediate adverse effect on the health, safety, and security of clients;
- The passage of five years without an inspection;
- A complaint alleging violation of the Health Care Facility Licensure Act or 175 NAC 19;
- Complaints that, because of their number, frequency, and type, raise concerns about the maintenance, operation, and management of the mental health center;
- Financial instability of the licensee or of the licensee’s parent company;
- Outbreaks or recurrent incidents of physical health problems such as dehydration, pressure sores, or other illnesses;
- Change of services, management, or ownership;
- Change of the status of the accreditation on which licensure is based as provided in 175 NAC 19 Sections 004.09;
- Any other event that raises concerns about the maintenance, operation, and management of the mental health center.
The Department may conduct re-inspections to determine if a facility fully complies with the requirements of 175 NAC 19 Sections 006 and 007.