Mental Health Centers
The Department must deem applicants or licensees in compliance with the inspection of the ‘Standards of Operation, Care and Treatment’, found in 175 Nebraska Administrative Code (NAC) 19 Section 006 based on its accreditation by the:
- The Joint Commission (TJC);
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF); or
- Council on Accreditation (COA).
To request deemed status, the applicant or licensee must submit to the Department:
- A request in writing within 30 days of receipt of a report granting accreditation; and
- A copy of the accreditation report.
The licensee must maintain the accreditation on which its license was issued. If the accreditation has been sanctioned, modified, terminated or withdrawn, the licensee must notify the Department within 15 days of receipt of notification of the action. After giving the notice, the facility may continue to operate unless the Department determines that the facility no longer meets the requirements for licensure under the Health Care Facility Licensure Act.
Professions and Occupations Home
Licensure Unit Home
PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader