bullred.gif (1398 bytes)  Applications
PDF Initial Application
PDF Reinstatement Application
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Board Information
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Certification/Verification
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Complaints
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Contact Us
Other Related Contacts
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Duplicate/Reissue
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) PDF Fees
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) PDF Frequently Asked Questions
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Listings & Lookup
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Name and Address Change

Pharmacy Technician Registration

How do I file a complaint?  To file a complaint, see the Investigations Division web site: www.dhhs.ne.gov/reg/investi.htm

What activities must be reported by a licensee, certificate holder, or registrant?

Pharmacy technicians and pharmacist interns are exempt from the mandatory reporting requirements that are in place for pharmacists and other health professions and occupations governed by the Uniform Licensing Law.  However, a pharmacy technician is required to report first-hand knowledge of facts giving him or her reason to believe that any person in his or her profession, or any person in another profession under the regulatory provisions of the Department, may be practicing while his or her ability to practice is impaired by alcohol, controlled substances, or narcotic drugs. 

A report made to the Department under this requirement is confidential.  Any pharmacy technician making a report to the Department under this requirement, except for those self-reporting, shall be completely immune from criminal or civil liability of any nature, whether direct or derivative, for filing a report or for disclosure of documents, records, or other information to the Department under this requirement.  This immunity does not apply to any person causing damage or injury by his or her willful, wanton, or grossly negligent act of commission or omission. 

How is a complaint reviewed, and what is the disciplinary process?  The following provides information relating to the complaint, investigative, and disciplinary process.

crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home 

Licensure Unit Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.