bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Temporary Educational Permit Home Page
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Applications
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Board Information
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Brochures
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Certification/Verification
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Complaints
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Continuing Education
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Contact Information
  Contact Us
  Other Contacts
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Duplicates/Reissue
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Exam Requirements
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Fees
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) License Information System
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Licensee Assistance Program
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Name and Address Changes
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Orders - Listings and Labels
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Renewal Information
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Requirements/Application Procedures
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Regulations

Temporary Educational Permit
Requirements/Application Procedures

To qualify for licensure you must:

  1. Have graduated from an accredited school or college of medicine or osteopathic medicine located in the United States or Canada or a foreign medical school or college of medicine.
  2. Have been accepted into an accredited hospital or school or college of medicine approved graduate program.
  3. Have attained at least the age of 19, and have good moral character.

Application Procedures:

  1. Completed pdf icon application.
  2. Application fee of $25.00
  3. Submit official documentation showing successful completion of an accredited school or college of medicine.
  4. Official documentation from the hospital or school or college of medicine which indicates acceptance as a graduate student, the duration of the program, and the specific approved graduate medical educational program. (This is a form in your application packet)
  5. In most cases, Temporary Educational Permit holder’s have a Federal Controlled Substance Registration. Upon receiving this registration, a copy must be sent to our office for our records.
  6. If a foreign graduate, submit proof of a permanent, valid indefinitely, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certificate or
  7. Proof of having successfully passed the Visa Qualifying Examination or its successor or equivalent examination required by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service or:
  8. Proof of having successfully completed a program of American medical training designated as the Fifth Pathway and passed the ECFMG examination but have not been issued a permanent certificate.

crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home 

Licensure Unit Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.