bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Temporary Educational Permit Home Page
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Applications
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Board Information
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Certification/Verification
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Complaints
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Continuing Education
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Contact Information
  Contact Us
  Other Contacts
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Duplicates/Reissue
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Exam Requirements
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Fees
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) License Information System
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Name and Address Changes
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Orders - Listings and Labels
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Renewal Information
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Requirements/Application Procedures
bullred.gif (1398 bytes) Regulations

Temporary Educational Permit

Kathie Lueke, Program Manager

Medical and Specialized Health Section

The Temporary Educational Permit (TEP) for medicine and surgery permits the holder to practice medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery or any of their allied specialties in a supervised educational program approved by the Nebraska Board of Medicine and Surgery. A temporary educational permit may be issued to any person who is enrolled in an approved graduate medical educational program conducted by an accredited hospital, school or college of medicine (commonly referred to as a residency).

Individuals holding a TEP (residents) can only practice medicine and surgery within the residency program. Residents who only hold a TEP may not practice outside of the residency (moonlight).

crl divider

Professions and Occupations Home

Licensure Unit Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader

which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.