green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Assisted-Living Facilities Home Page
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Applications/Licensure Requirements
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Change Notification
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Complaints - How to file
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Contact Information
     Contact Us
     Other Contacts
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Disciplinary Actions
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Duplicate License
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Fees
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Food Service Code Book
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Initial Administrator Training/Application
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Inspections
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Labels and Listings
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Registry Lookup
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Regulations
green ball.gif (1006 bytes) Rosters for Health Care Facilities/Services

Assisted-Living Facilities
Change Notification

Change of Ownership or Location

A change of ownership (sale, whether of stock, title or assets, lease, discontinuance of operations) or premises terminates the license.  An PDF File initial application is required.

The Department must be notified in writing within five working days when a facility is sold, leased, discontinued or moved to a new location.

Change in Capacity

An Assisted-Living Facility must not put into use more beds than the total number of beds for which the assisted-living facility is licensed. Changes in the use and location of beds may occur at any time without prior Departmental approval for licensure purposes. The facility must not locate more residents in a resident room than the capacity for which the room was originally approved.

Increase of beds

Notify the Department at least 30 working days prior to the date the Assisted-Living Facility wishes to increase the number of beds for which the facility is licensed.

New Construction

If new construction is planned, submit construction plans for Department approval prior to any new construction affecting resident living and service portions of the facility. The Department will accept certification from an architect or engineer. Additional information can be found on the Facility Construction page here.

Change of Administrator

The Department must be notified in writing within 5 working days when:

  • a vacancy in the administrator position occurs including who will be responsible for the position duties until another administrator is appointed.
  • the vacancy of the administrator position is filled including the effective date and name of the person appointed.

Change of Facility Name

The Department must be notified in writing within 5 working days when a facility has a change in name. PDF File Name Change Form

crl divider

Facilities and Services Home

Licensure Unit Home

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.