You must notify the Department in writing within 5 working days when a hospice is sold, leased, discontinued, or moved to a new location. 175 Nebraska Administrative Code (NAC) 16, Sections 004.04 and 004.06. (A new license is required when a change of ownership occurs, refer to initial license process.)
An applicant or licensee must notify the Department of the following 175 NAC 16 Sections 004.07 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5):
- At the time of licensure renewal, of any change in the use or location of hospice inpatient beds;
- At least 30 working days prior to the date it wishes to increase the number of hospice inpatient beds for which it is licensed;
- To request a single license document;
- To request separate inspections for all types of licensure held or sought; or
- If new construction is planned for inpatient hospice, and submit construction plans for Department approval prior to any new construction affecting patient care and treatment areas of the hospice. The Department may accept certification from an architect or engineer in lieu of the review.
If participating in the Medicare Program, please contact persons listed under the Medicare section.
Facilities and Services Home
Licensure Unit Home
PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader