New Construction Project: The following information must be submitted to the Department PRIOR TO BEGINNING A CONSTRUCTION PROJECT:
3. Construction plans which have been completed in accordance with the Engineers and Architects Regulation Act, Neb Rev. Stat. §§ 81-3401 to 81-3455, and which have been approved by a Nebraska-licensed architect or engineer and have a signed/dated seal. We prefer to receive the plans on CD.
Upon receipt and review of the above documents, you will receive confirmation that construction has been approved to begin.
Full-sized construction plans must also be submitted to the State Fire Marshal’s Office for review and approval. Contact Doug Hohbein, Plans Examination, at email@example.com
Project Completion: When the project is completed and prior to use, the following information must be submitted to the Department:
1. A Completion Certificate
signed by a Nebraska-licensed architect or engineer. This signed certification is accepted by the Department to verify that the construction meets the facility type’s regulatory requirements, and is ready for occupancy in accordance with the approved plans; and
2. An Order Form/Certificate of Occupancy from the State Fire Marshal or other document from the Delegated Authority stating that the construction meets the Life Safety/Fire Code requirements.
3. A floor plan/schematic of the project, including room numbers if patient/resident rooms are affected.
4. A bed count/room listing, including room numbers.
5. OTHER: There may be other documentation required by the individual facility program area.
NOTE: A walk-through inspection by DHHS surveyors may be required prior to final approval by the Department.
Upon receipt and review of the above documents, you will be notified by the Department when the project has been approved for use and occupancy.
Submit the above information to:
DHHS Division of Public Health
Licensure Unit/Acute Care Facilities
Attn: Facility Construction
301 Centennial Mall South
PO Box 94986
Lincoln, NE 68509-4986DHHS.FacilityConstruction@nebraska.gov
For questions regarding facility licensure regulations, licensure, or certification, please contact the program manager listed below for the facility type.
Long Term Care Regulations
Assisted Living Regulations
Ambulatory Surgical Centers Regulations
Health Clinics Regulations
Outpatient, Day Treatment, Respite Care, and Hospice ServicesPam.Kerns@nebraska.gov
402-471-3651 or 402-471-4967
Children's Day Health Services
Hospice Regulations (inpatient facilities only)
Mental Health Centers, Substance Abuse Treatment Centers, and Inpatient Care Facilities for the Intellectually DisabledSheryl.Mitchell@nebraska.gov
Substance Abuse Treatment Centers Regulations