Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Technicians expire on December 31 of every odd numbered year.
The following licenses expire on December 31 of every even numbered year:
• Emergency Medical Responders
• Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians
• Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediates
• Emergency Medical Service Instructors
• Basic and Advanced Emergency Medical Services
A renewal notice will be mailed out to all providers and services at least 30 days prior to the expiration of their license. A current address is required to be on record with the Department according to 172 NAC 11-004.08 and 172 NAC 12-007.04.
**Check back during your renewal period for specific information on renewal options**
Approximately two weeks after the end of the renewal period, the Department will randomly select a sample of the renewal applications for audit of continuing competency requirements. Each licensee selected for audit must produce documentation of the continuing competency activities.
If a licensee had circumstances beyond their control that prevented them from meeting the continuing competency requirements, they may request a waiver at the time of renewal. The waiver options appear on the renewal application and include the following:
• Being licensed within the 24 months immediately preceding the license
• Having served in the regular armed forces of the United States during part
of the current renewal period;
• Having suffered a serious or disabling illness or physical disability which
prevented completion of the continuing competency requirements during
the current renewal period; or
• Having other circumstances beyond their control that prevented
completion of the continuing competency requirements during the current
Emergency Medical Services are required to submit the following items:
- A completed renewal application;
- A current roster of members/employees listing level of licensure;
- An Emergency Medical Service Quality Assurance Report (QAR); OR
- Proof of current accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transportation Systems.
- If an Advanced Emergency Medical Service, submit a copy of current DEA Controlled Substances Registration.