Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Child Care Licensing

How to File a Complaint

The Division of Public Health investigates all allegations of licensing violations in child care and preschool facilities.  The Division of Public Health also investigates individuals who are allegedly providing care for more than 3 children without having a license.

Complaints related to licensed child care/preschools can be registered in one of the following methods:

  • Contact Child Care Licensing at: 1-800-600-1289
  • Fax the complaint (402) 471-7763
  • Regular Mail:
         Department Health and Human Services
         Licensing & Regulatory Affairs
         Child Care Licensing
         PO BOX 94986
         Lincoln, NE 68509
  • Submit Complaint Form electronically

The Division of Children and Family Services investigates complaints regarding License Exempt providers.

Complaints related to a license exempt child care provider can be registered in one of the following methods:

  • Contact Child Care Subsidy at 402-471-9152

When making the complaint, please include the following:

Name of Facility/Provider
Address of the Facility/Provider
Person filing the Complaint and his/her telephone number (Names are kept confidential)
Nature of the Complaint/Date of Incident



Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader,
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.


Good Life. Great Mission.