Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Nurse Aide

Transferring Nurse Aide to Nebraska from Another State


If you are a nurse aide in another state and want to work in Nebraska, you must be active on the Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry before you are eligible to work in a certified nursing facility.

To become registered in Nebraska:

  • Complete the Interstate Endorsement form. Note: it may take us up to 30 days to process a complete form.
  • Submit documentation of completed nurse aide training. Documentation must include the number of hours of the course and the date completed.
  • All nurse aides coming from another state must complete a minimum one hour of Nebraska Abuse/Neglect/Misappropriation Training, even if similar training was completed as part of another state's requirements.
  • Retesting - If you have not worked or tested in the last 24 months, you must retest once we have reviewed your Interstate Endorsement form and determine you are eligible to sit for the exams in Nebraska. SeePost-Secondary Education Providers for the places offering this testing.  The registry must authorize you to retest, so you will need a letter from the registry stating you are eligible to test. (If you were grandfathered on to the Registry without taking exams, you will be required to take them in Nebraska.)  You will be notified by the registry if you need to retest.
  • Nurse Aide Registry Checks – Nebraska will contact the Nurse Aide Registry in the state in which you received your training and any other states in which you have worked as a nurse aide.


Send to Wanda Vodehnal at:
Fax: 402-742-1151 or
E-mail: or

Mail: NE DHHS, Division of Public Health
       Licensure Unit
       PO Box 94986
       Lincoln NE 68509-4986
Licensure cards for nurse aides are not issued in Nebraska. Please check the Nurse Aide Registry

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.
Good Life. Great Mission.