Approved Nurse Aide Courses
Approved Textbooks/Supplemental Material/Courses
Course Notification Form – notification of future Nurse Aide Training dates and times. Must be submitted at least 5 days before start of training.
Nursing homes reimbursement responsibility for nurse aide training – when a nurse aide pays for their own training
Nurse Aide Training Supplies/Equipment
Skilled Facility and/or Nursing Facility Waiver Request from the Prohibition of Nurse Aide Training
- Written/oral exam – consists of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Passing grade is 70% or greater
- Take approximately 3 weeks to be made active on registry
- An individual has a total of 3 opportunities to pass each exam.
- If an individual does not pass the exam after 3 tries, he/she must retake the 75 hour nurse aide course
- Skills exam – consists of a demonstration of 6 skills.
- Passing score is 70% or greater on each skill.
- Skills may have one or more mandatory steps. These steps must be performed correctly in order to pass that skill.
- If any of the 6 skills are failed, the individual fails the skills exam.
- The individual has a total of 3 opportunities to pass the skills exam.
- If the skills exam is not passed after 3 tries, he/she must retake the 75 hour nurse aide training course.