Nebraska Comprehensive Cancer
Colorectal Cancer Funding Opportunities are available from October 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012. Available funds are different for each project listed. Please select the items below for more information:
Funding Opportunities Schedule of Events
- Response to Opportunity to Contract Due: No later than September 26, 2011
- Anticipated Date of Contract Notification: No later than October 3, 2011
- 2012 National Dialogue for Action on Colorectal Cancer, Baltimore, MD: March 22-23, 2012
- All projects must be completed by June 30, 2012
- Coalition Meeting: Lincoln, November 4, 2011
- Two status updates due March 1, 2012 and June 30, 2012
- Form C due January 1, 2012
- Form D due January 1, 2012
- Project invoices dated no later than June 30, 2012
|1. Community Based Awareness Education Campaign |
|Availability: Setptember 2011 - June 30, 2012|
Amount: up to $4,000 per coalition
See letter of intent for allowable activities and expenses.
Letter of Intent to Apply
Selection of one or more strategies to implement for the months of September 2011 - June 2012 to increase the awareness of the need and timing for colon cancer screening. Click Letter of Intent to Apply above to see information pertaining to campaign implementation. Contact Tracey Bonneau at email@example.com for information and technical assistance. See Letter of Intent for allowable activities and expenses.
Develop and implement a Colon Cancer Awareness and Education Campaign in order to increase awareness on the importance of colon cancer screening while driving the target audiences through proper screening channels that are in place within the community.
One or more of the materials listed below can be used throughout the campaign. Most of the materials listed can be altered to include your coalition name/logo, etc. Materials to be used have been approved and are as follows:
All Documents in PDF format
|General Materials: |
1. Draft Letter explaining to businesses/organizations the campaign intent
2. Announcement to be used for bulletins/newsletters
3. Order Form for businesses and organizations
4. “How To” guide for organizing and promoting the event
5. Colon Cancer Awareness Flyer
6. American Cancer Society Booklet “They Know How to Prevent Colon Cancer – And You Can Too” (No. 243900) (English)
7. American Cancer Society Booklet (Spanish) “They Know How to Prevent Colon Cancer – And You Can Too” (No. 243901)
8. American Cancer Society Postcard (English)
9. American Cancer Society Postcard (Spanish)
10. NCP Enrollment Form (English)(Spanish)
11. Materials Order Form (no cost items available from NCP)
Nebraska Colon Cancer Screening Program (NCP) and
“Stay In The Game” Materials:
1. NCP Newspaper Fillers
2. NCP Press Release
3. NCP 30 second radio scripts and two spots (mp3 files) grandparents, 50 and older
4. NCP “Stay In The Game” Bookmarks
5. NCP “Stay In The Game” Television Spots
6. NCP “Stay In The Game” Radio Spots
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC)
“SCREEN FOR LIFE” Materials:
1. CDC “Screen for Life” television spots
2. CDC “Screen for Life” radio spots
3. CDC “Screen for Life” print ad copy
4. CDC “Screen for Life” print ad copy – poster (fillable)
5. CDC “Screen for Life” print ad copy – poster (nonfillable)
Make It Your Own (MIYO)
|Register your information and use the site to create customized health materials. All messages and images have been tested, approved, and are culturally appropriate materials targeted to your audiences so you don’t have to develop them from scratch. |
*Any time that advertising is donated for your campaign, fill out and submit the NCP Match Form:
NCP Match Form
**At the completion of the CRC Community Based Campaign, contractors will be required to fill out the CRC Community Based Campaign Project Evaluation Form.
***Future Funding: Additional funding will be available from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 for Community Based Awareness Campaigns. More information will be posted to the site as these funds become available.
****Please see Evaluation Considerations when doing your evaluation; helpful templates are also included.
2012 National Dialogue for Action on Colorectal Cancer
Funding may be used to attend the 2012 National Dialogue for Action on Colorectal Cancer. This annual national conference brings together a multidisciplinary group of healthcare professionals, health educators and colon cancer survivors. Conference participants walk away with tools and strategies of how to reduce colon cancer in their communities. For more information on the conference visit: www.preventcancer.org then click of the "Education" tab.
Establishing a Partnership Agreement with the Private Sector
|2. Community Based FOBT Screening Program |
|Availability: September 2011 - June 30, 2012|
Amount: up to $50,000, at a cost of $5 per kit distributed, to be divided among recipients of contract funding
Implementation of Community Based FOBT Distribution Program
This funding is to help implement a community based FOBT screening program for coalitions. Coalitions must fill out and have an approved Community Based FOBT Screening Plan (Form D). See letter of intent for allowable activities and expenses.
Letter of Intent to Apply
Collaborative Community Screening Components
Approved FOBT/FIT Kits
Community Based FOBT Screening Plan
FOBT Enrollment Form Requirements
Sample FOBT Enrollment Form
2011-2012 Income Eligibility Scale
* Future Funding: Additional funding will be available from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 for Community Based FOBT Screening Program. More information will be posted to the site as these funds become available.