Child Care Subsidy Information for Providers
Subscribe to this page
The Nebraska Quality Rating System Pilot Study
Child Care Provider Handbook
El Manual Para El Proveedor de Cuidado Infantil
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) can help with the cost of child care (a child care subsidy). There is help for:
- Families who are no longer eligible for Aid to Dependent Children (ADC) because of earnings; and
- Families who have not recently received ADC. Families may be eligible if income is at or below the monthly income limit, which is based on family size.
If you already have an agreement to accept children who receive help from DHHS, please share information about the Child Care Subsidy Program with your parents. Parents who want more information can contact their closest DHHS office or the DHHS central office: phone: (402) 471-9325.
If you do not have an agreement with DHHS, please consider these benefits for yourself and the parents whose children you serve:
- Families who receive a subsidy are working hard to support themselves.
- State payments are a reliable source of income for child care programs.
- If you care for a child with special needs, you may be able to charge a higher rate.
- You may be eligible for a child care grant to begin a child care program, expand your child care program, or meet licensing requirements.
- You may be repaid for tuition and travel for management training offered by the Early Childhood Training Center.
- You may receive a grant to help with the cost of getting national accreditation.
- You may receive a higher rate if you have national accreditation.**
Child care providers must let DHHS staff know if there are changes in their fees and policies to private pay families.
If you are interested in becoming an approved child care provider for DHHS, please contact your local DHHS Office, Resource Development Unit.
**These benefits are tied to provider rates and fees charged to private pay families.
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.
Child Care Page
Children's Services Page