WIC Vendor Retailers
Vendor retailers are important partners in delivering the Nebraska WIC program. Use this site to find announcements, updates, training resources and more.
News & Announcements
Food Approval 2017 - Accepting Food Submissions Now!
Now is the time to submit foods to be considered for the Nebraska WIC Approved Product List (APL), which will be effective October 1, 2017. Product submissions must be received by March 6, 2017. If you are interested in submitting products for inclusion in the Nebraska APL, please follow these steps:
Store Reauthorization will begin Spring 2017. Your current contract expires September 30, 2017.
The current contract period began October 1, 2015 and goes through September 30, 2017. Some recent changes to keep in mind are:
- Retailers are required to give the WIC shopper their receipt at the time of purchase.
- Retailers should deposit all WIC checks. Do not send check to WIC for review prior to deposit.
- When Retailers receive checks that are stamped "Over $ Max, ACH may Apply" they are for the stores accounting record. Do not send to WIC agency.
- There are new dollar values for Fruit & Vegetable checks: $4.00, $11.00, $16.50
- If you need shelf labels, a window decal, or WIC Approved Food Cards, please contact your local vendor manager (contact information under Contact Us section).
- All types of fresh potatoes are WIC approved.
- Evaporated milk was added to certain food packages and is required in retailers' minimum inventory.
- Pricing information: Special & Medical Formulas