Nebraska Medicaid Program
Kids Connection Application
What is Kids Connection?
Kids Connection is an expansion of Medicaid as health care coverage for qualified children who are without other health insurance and who do not qualify for Medicaid. Federally called the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), it provides the same services covered under Medicaid.
What does Kids Connection cover?
Kids Connection provides well care for your child in helping to prevent diseases, finding and treating problems early, and maintaining good health and development.
Regular check-ups include:
- baby checkups and immunizations
- immunizations for school-age children
- yearly checkups for school-age children, including school and sports physicals
- dental check-ups and dental sealants
- vision and hearing testing
Kids Connection also provides medical care for injuries and illnesses as early as possible . This is essential in treating or correcting health problems.
- specialty services for children with disabilities or chronic health conditions
- mental health and substance abuse assessment and treatment services
How can Kids Connection be my child's health coverage?
Your child's eligibility to have health coverage through Kids Connectionis based primarily on your family's income.
Children may be eligible:
- if they are under age 19
- if they live in Nebraska
- even if both parents live at home
- even if one or both parents work full-time
Do your children qualify for Kids Connection?
- First, take your gross income (before deductions are taken out), subtract $100 per month for each employed adult and then subtract actual day care costs.
- Add in your unearned income such as child support, alimony, unemployment compensation, Workers' compensation, Social Security benefits, etc.
- Then, compare this number, along with your family size, with the adjusted income figures in this chart. If your adjusted income falls at or below the appropriate amount on this chart, your children may be eligible.
If your adjusted income falls at or below the appropriate amount on the chart, your children may be eligible for Kids Connection.
Please note: these numbers are approximates. The best way to find out if your children are eligible for Kids Connection is to apply. If you have questions, call toll-free at 1-800-383-4278
|Number of family members
(include parents & children)
|Adjusted Monthly Income
||Adjusted Annual Income |
|For families with more than six members, please call 1-800-383-4278 for income guidelines. (2/1/12)|
To apply for Kids Connection: Apply online
Or Download a Kids Connection Application Solicitud de Kids Connection.
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.
Nebraska Children's Health Insurance Program
P.O. Box 94926 -- Lincoln, NE 68509-4926 -- (1-800-383-4278)
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services