|Nebraska SMP relies on the help of volunteers as we empower seniors to prevent healthcare fraud. Thanks for your interest! Take a look at the list below to see which position(s) is of most interest to you. |
- Counselor - Become a new member of maintain current SHIIP work responsibilities. Gain more knowledge in Medicare/Medicaid fraud. Refer potential fraud issues to the SMP Local Coordinator.
- Buddy - Accompany the Local SMP Coordinator to community outreach presentations. Help distribute material to participants. Work at booths during resource and health fairs. Must enjoy working with the public.
- Leader - Arrange fraud presentations at senior centers and other locations where beneficiaries congregate. Simply have groups watch a DVD on the subject or do informal presentations. You will shadow the Local SMP Coordinator until you feel comfortable presenting on your own. A presentation packet and unlimited material will be provided. Minimal reporting is required.
- Maverick - Endless opportunities as you mix and match between positions.
- Director of Operations - Schedule presentations for the Local SMP Coordinator. Assist with data entry. Must have good organization skills and like talking on the phone. Good communication with the Local SMP Coordinator is essential. This position allows you to work from home.
How to Volunteer?
Download this SMP Volunteer Application
Complete and mail the form to your local SMP coordinator.
New Volunteer Training
New volunteers may choose to be trained in a classroom or online. Your training in comprised of these three SMP components:
- SMP Program Overview
- Medicare Overview
- Medicare Fraud and Abuse
If you are a SHIIP Volunteer you are not required to complete the “Medicare Overview” portion of this training.
Join the ranks of over 200 Nebraska SMP volunteers
in this truly rewarding work!
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.