Former Ward Requests
Obtain Personal Records using PDF this form.  It is intended to be used by former Nebraska state wards in order to obtain personal records maintained by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Children and Family Services.
Please submit the completed form via email, or mail to the below addresses:
DHHS Children and Family Services
ATTN: Former Ward Program
PO Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509

Request a Financial Aid Verification Letter
in writing using ONE of the options below:

Option 1. If you have a current DHHS caseworker, please reach out to them via email or phone to make this request.
Option 2. Send your request to with the subject line “Former Ward Financial Aid Verification Letter.”

Option 3. Call 402-471-9272 to make this request.
Please provide the following information:
    1. Your full name and date of birth
    2. The name of the person who needs the Financial Aid Verification Letter and their mailing address, email address or fax number.
    3. The name of the college you will be attending
Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.
Good Life. Great Mission.