Nebraska Homeless Assistance Program (NHAP)
State Continuum of Care Committee
The State Continuum of Care (CoC) Committee is one of four standing subcommittees of the Nebraska Commission on Housing and Homelessness
. The role of Commission is to advise the Governor on affordable housing and homelessness issues. In support of this role, the State CoC Committee provides recommendations to the Commission on the needs of individuals and families in Nebraska who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness and proposes possible strategies to address these needs and prevent homelessness in the future.
Past accomplishments of the Committee include:
- A review of state regulations for the Nebraska Homeless Assistance Program.
- Input on and selection of an allocation formula that is based on population and poverty
data, as well as quality projects, resulting in an equitable distribution of funds across the state.
- Service on grant review teams that recommend the grant awards.
- Research of Homeless Management Information Systems and the recommendation of
adopting Bowman System, LLC - ServicePoint.
- Recommending allocation procedures for the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-housing
Program (HPRP) of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
NHAP Index Page
Financial Assistance Page