All parents have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. Parents suspected of abuse or neglect also have the right:
- to a complete understanding of specific allegations regarding the care of their children;
- to know the legal basis for the intervention;
- to know the realities and events which may result from the complaint and investigation;
- to know the expectations that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has of them and what they can expect from HHS; and
- to be represented by an attorney.
Help Stop Child Abuse
Call the Abuse/Neglect Hotline at 1-800-652-1999
Do not use e-mail to report cases of abuse.
If there is an emergency call local law enforcement immediately.
Child Abuse Page
Neglect & Abuse Page