Child Abuse & Neglect

Subscribe Subscribe to this page

Adult & Child Abuse & Neglect Hotline

State law requires any person who suspects that a child has been physically or sexually abused or neglected to report it promptly to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.

Do not use e-mail to report cases of abuse.  If there is an emergency, call local law enforcement immediately.

April is Child Abuse Prevention Month 

What is abuse and neglect?

What can I expect if I report someone for abuse?

What happens if I am reported for abuse?

What are my rights as a parent?

"You Have the Power to Protect A Child" Campaign

Division of Children & Family Services
P.O. Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5044
Phone: (402) 471-9272

Get PDF Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe Systems, Inc.