Title IV-E Education Stipend Program (LB 199)
Masters of Social Work (MSW)
Overview and Application Process
- DHHS will provide a limited number of Title IV-E Education Stipends to students for enrollment in the graduate social work program through the Grace Abbott School of Social Work (GASSW) at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- Effective fall semester 2016 – DHHS will provide Title IV-E Education Stipends to assist 10 students in obtaining an MSW degree (5 allocated for the Child Welfare Cohort in Omaha, 5 allocated for Kearney). It is unknown if funds will be available for additional stipends.
- The Title IV-E Education Stipend = full tuition. This does NOT include books, parking, university fees, etc.
- The recipient must reimburse the State if the recipient fails to fulfill employment obligations per 45 CFR 235.63.
- To apply, complete the ‘Title IV-E Child Welfare Education Stipend Application – Masters of Social Work at UNO’s Grace Abbott School of Social Work 2016 Application’ and send the application and required documents to Alyson Goedken at the address below by 5:00 pm on Monday April 11th.
- Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks of acceptance or denial of the Title IV-E Education Stipend Program.
- Once a recipient is notified of his/her acceptance, the recipient must apply to the University of Nebraska at Omaha. If employee has already applied to UNO, please indicate on application. Upon acceptance into this stipend program, specific guidance for the application process to UNO graduate school will be provided.