Upcoming Changes to the Central Registry Check Process
An online portal for organizations to request, receive and review Child/Adult Abuse and Neglect Central Registry background checks will be available here soon. The portal will provide more convenience and easier access. LB 225 passed in the 2017 Legislative session allows DHHS to charge a fee to recover expenses in checking backgrounds.
The online portal will:
- Ensure clear and accurate requests.
- Eliminate the return of requests.
- Eliminate the business or organization role in verifying identities.
- Allow the review of all background checks and results.
- Allow online identity verifications.
Fees will reimburse DHHS' costs and offer convenient services:
- DHHS fee. $2.50 for the Central Registry check (pending approval of regulations).
- Optional online identity proofing. Optional $1 optional online identity verification fee.
- Optional annual subscription fee. $50 annual subscriber fee for Central Registry checks.
- Optional online payment processing fee. $1.50 optional online payment processing fee.
Tutorial of fees coming to the Central Registry